So I was reading Pew Pew Lazers! who had been tagged for this Honest Scrap meme and imagine my surprise to see this little blog posted under the Shaman category, because "He keeps it simple and is always informative...". Then my chair proved inadequate to contain me when Shields Up! kindly said "While the wooden background of this blog is most irritating for my mind, the content is not". I would like to thank my simplistic mind for the mostly straightforward content of this blog, and blogspot for providing a theme I could
steal reuse, although I must confess that the wood background is the only modification I made to the stock theme. Good job. Doh!
The rules of Honest Scrap are:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
First teh blogzors:
- Blessing Of Kings. No, I don't play a paladin, but I do read this blog because the author covers a wide range of topics, thinks about WoW and proposes a lot of really good improvements. Always thought provoking.
- BigHitBox. This is where I get a lot of my enhancement information from, bonus that it carries posts from other melee types so that I might have a vague understanding of what they do.
- The Big Bear Butt Blogger. This blog is pure awesomeness due to the massive rants, crotchetyness and posting of interesting youtube videos.
- Hoof n'Healz. His healing guides for Karazhan were pure gold and there are some wickedly funny posts on there too.
- Greedy Goblin. Gevlon makes our resident gold-hoarding warlock look like an amateur! His gold making tips often help Kam turn a few bucks, plus his Goblin Wisdom posts make for interesting reading, if you agree or not.
- Tobold's MMORPG Blog. Tobold covers a wide variety of MMOs, although he plays WoW so there are always interesting discussions about Warcraft. He also tries other MMOs, so this blog is always good research for the Next Big Thing.
- Random Ravings Of Warcraft. I don't play a rogue (apart from at the AH), but this blog is stuffed full of tips and guides for all my crazy achievement-driven play. Plus he's an Aszunite (probably the only other blogging one) and us lot gotta stick together ;)
- Kaliope's WoW Crafting Blog. Although I've given up crafting, Kaliope covers every possible profession on her blog, from fishing to first aid, engineering to inscription. There is often some very good news on here from the Beta, PTR and the live realms.
Now for the disturbing honesty part:
- I love the smell of new books & magazines, that gluey scent of a new page unopened to the air. I tend to stick my head in new books and take a few good sniffs, while they are "still good".
- I can't remember dates of anything - the second someone tells me a date, I instantly forget it. This also goes for the dates of in-game events too.
- I would be a sci-fi fantasy geek, but I just cannot remember any of the details of anything specifically enough to truly qualify. Nor do I really care. As such, I resign myself to merely loving sci-fi and fantasy instead. Alien rules!
- I use the google reader to read all the blogs I check on, mostly because it is a very good aggregating tool, but also because my wife once mistook it for google mail, and you don't want to correct spousal assumptions that you are actually doing work and not slacking off. Ever.
- I hate noise very much, in fact I once forced my lodger to spec his new PC with expensive silent-PC parts, just so I wouldn't hear it. I forgot about his damn keyboard tho! My own PC is also quiet. Any noise outside, and you can bet I'll be the first at the curtains, twitching away. But if you don't want to get noticed, don't cause a ruckus.
- I am a code hacker by trade and, as is typical among my colleagues, have very mild OCD. It is undiagnosed but let's face it, you've all seen the many many posts about achievements. Damn you Blizzard and your achievements system! Can we have more cooking & fishing ones, please?
- I am a father of one, who I refer to as "the creature". Due to this, I know the words to all the songs from In The Night Garden. Yes, including the Makka-Pakka song.
- I am pretty much a petrol head, and although I dabbled with a coupe and a sports car, I've settled on an ordinary hatch back with a big turbo (known as a "hot hatch" around these parts) cos it will lug the baby stuff around but yet go fast. I'd still love a rear wheel drive like a 350Z one day... maybe when I have my mid-life crisis?
- I am not very competitive. I really can't get myself stirred up over DPS stats, big crit numbers or anything like that, which is why a class which can do some non-competitive healing as well as smashing things in seems ideal. The achievement points drive is of course mostly due to ODC...
- I bought an iPod Touch specifically so I could read WoW blogs around the house.
Nominees, expect some pestering in the near future! Now back to normal service.