WoW.com have a full list of the "final" glyphs for Shamans in this Cataclysm beta I keep on hearing about. Seems we will have 3 per type, and they can be swapped but with a cool down which may be one hour, not sure if that is per type of glyph, for all glyphs, or just for that particular glyph. I would hope it's for that particular glyph.
Here is the list for Shamans:
- Earth Shield - Increases amount healed by 20%
- Earthliving Weapon - Increases periodic heal effect by 20%
- Feral Spirit - Gains an additional 30% of attack power
- Fire Elemental - Reduces cooldown by 5m
- Flame Shock - Increases duration by 50%
- Flametongue Weapon - Increases spell crit chance by 2%
- Lava Burst - 10% more damage
- Lava Lash - 20% more damage
- Lightning Bolt - 4% more damage
- Riptide - Increases duration by 40%
- Stormstrike - Increases bonus Nature damage by 8%
- Water Shield - Increases passive mana regen by 50%
- Windfury Weapon - Increases proc chance per swing by 2%
Some of these seem like solid choices and others will depend on the relative damage of certain spells, like moar Lava Lash, or moar Lightning Bolt? Glyph of WF, SS look like good bets for Enhancement and then its between Feral Spirit, LL and LB. Maybe even LvB if Maelstrom Weapon is affecting LvB.
Are these Prime glyphs necessary? Maybe on some fights you would want 5 mins less on Fire Elemental and maybe on others you would want more Wolves damage, I'm not sure I will bother swapping them around especially given the frequency we attempt one boss then fall back to another, entirely different boss when we fail, and thus require new "optimal" glyphs.
- Chain Heal - Increases healing on secondary targets by 15%, reduces healing on main target by 10%
- Chain Lightning - Strikes 2 additional targets, deals 10% less initial damage
- Elemental Mastery - While active, take 20% less damage
- Fire Nova - Increases radius by 5 yards
- Frost Shock - Increases duration by 2s
- Ghost Wolf - Additional 10% movement speed
- Grounding Totem - Reflects instead of absorbs spells, but cooldown increased by 45s
- Healing Stream Totem - Increases Fire, Frost, Nature resistance
- Healing Wave - When healing someone else, you also receive 20% of the healing done
- Hex - Reduces cooldown by 15s
- Lightning Shield - Can no longer lose charges to attackers when at 3 or less
- Shamanistic Rage - Activating cleanses you of all Magic debuffs
- Shocking - GCD of Shock spells reduced to 1s
- Stoneclaw Totem - Grants an absorb shield equal to 4x the totem shield
- Thunder - Reduces Thunderstorm cooldown by 10s
- Totemic Recall - Refunds an additional 50% of the mana cost of recalled totems (Totemic Recall baseline refunds 25% of the cost)
Major Fire Nova looks worthwhile, especially given how bad I am at positioning Magma Totem, I mean at predicting that the tank will move the bloody mob away from my carefully positioned Magma Totem.
Lightning Shield I will be getting, no more wasting GCDs recasting the shield during combat.
Then erm... glyph of Hex I guess will be useful so we can actually crowd control humanoids in instances and frog them if they break early. Don't forget Shamans get a sort of Banish spell called Bind Elemental in Cataclysm and they don't appear to be exclusive, so we may be quite busy CCing stuff.
Totemic Recall might be handy for general mana conservation, I am careful to always recall my totems.
- Arctic Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf form looks like an arctic wolf
- Black Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf form looks like a black wolf
- Astral Recall - Reduces cooldown by 7.5m
- Renewed Life - Reincarnation no longer needs a reagent
- Thunderstorm - Additional 2% mana gained, no knockback
- Water Breathing - No longer requires a reagent
- Water Walking - No longer requires a reagent
I can't believe this is the final minor list, where is the glyph of Ghost Wolf form restores health? Anyway a new wolf colour sounds interesting although the image on MMO Champion are underwhelming. Also these glyphs are the same as the Wrath ones, with the exception of the wolf colour ones.
All in all, the list looks ok but hardly exciting. I wonder where these Prime glyphs are going to come from, and whether our existing major ones will convert auto-magically.