Wednesday 20 August 2008

The Bear haz the blues

Poor old Big Bear Butt Blogger seems to have the pre-expansion blues, specifically regarding the huge amount of churn and rewrite which seems to be going on to all our beloved classes. Enhancement Shaman will know what I mean.


I am somewhat bemused that Blizzard keep on rewriting the game with each expansion, instead of just adding content. But I guess they aim for the “new” WoW to be an improvement so I have to have faith that they will get it right.


It is sometimes a hard pill to swallow when they change how your beloved stats work, sometimes entirely. I was the victim of stat "adjustment" when they changed the hunter stats from favouring agility to favouring attack power - I dreaded that my gear would suddenly suck. It didn’t because they seemed to re-itemize well enough that my existing gear still worked. Now I may be facing this again as they tinker with Shaman attack power itemization.


At the end of the day, after all the dust has settled, (*thinks of a third cliche*) our community of bloggers and websites will rake over all the new stats, skills and talents and come out with some good recommendations and advice. By the time I hit 80 I’m sure I’ll be able to find the answers out there, and that’s good enough for me. Plus a little theorycrafting can be fun.

No comments:

© 2008, 2009 FlameShock. All Rights Reserved.