Friday 1 August 2008

What you need to know about Shaman

This is a response to a Blog Azeroth shared topic suggested by Aos. Which is quite late, but there you go.


  • Stick together team. Chain Heal is the most awesome of spells I have. When the party all takes damage together I would much prefer to fire off a couple of CHs rather than have to single-target heal every one of you. But CH has a limited range, 5 yards according to WoWWiki, so ideally the melee would be stood next to the tank and the ranged DPS would be stood together. This isn't always possible in some fights though (Curator springs to mind) which may make them a total pain to heal.
  • Earth Shield is ace, so ask for it. Earth Shield is also an awesome spell, providing enough healing to keep a tank topped off on most 5 man trash. I do use the Earth Shield Tracker mod, but sometimes I might forget. So tanks, if it's not up before a pull, please ask.
  • Totems have a range. I do have Totemic Mastery so the range of my totems is 30 yards. But that's still 30 yards, so please don't run off out of their range if you want to benefit from their lovely buffs. Without this talent it can even be 20 yards. Which leads to...
  • Totems need to be taken up and put down. Because totems have limited range and they don't move, generally in an instance I'll need to take them up and put them back down. Even tho I have a super-nifty macro to drop totems, it still needs 3-4 seconds to get all 3 totems down, so please wait for your totems before pulling.
  • Shocks have a 6 second shared cooldown. Shocks are on a 6 second cooldown, shared across Earth, Frost and Flame Shock. So if you want one... ask and don't be surprised if the others are missing. If I have to Earth Shock the shadow priest on Moroes, she won't also be getting a Frost Shock to slow her movement. Elemental shaman with 5 points in Reverberation will have a 5 second cooldown.
  • Nature's Swiftness. I have one emergency heal every 2 minutes. So if you hear I've used Nature's Swiftness, try to be careful out there for the next 2 minutes.

No comments:

© 2008, 2009 FlameShock. All Rights Reserved.